Tuesday, September 22, 2015

20 Q's

I figured now was as good of a time as any to answer some fun questions I came across. I'm still trying to decide how I'd like to set up my about page and figured this was a pretty good start for those who wanted to know a little more! I always have fun answering things like this, so without further adieu, here ya go!


1. What's your favorite food?
I love food. I'm a snacker and could eat all the time I feel like! My absolute favorite food are the white chicken enchiladas that my best friend introduced to me. When I make them, I can't seem to get enough of them and I'm always overeating them, which reminds me...I haven't had them in awhile. Looks like I may need to rectify that!

2. Flip-flops or high heels?
Heels make me feel put together and like a I have purpose. Why? I'm not quite sure, but I love them. Although I love a good pair of heels, 80% of the time, you can find me in flip flops, the rest of the time is either spent in running shoes or work boots. Lame, I know...

3. Favorite place to shop for yourself?
When I'm able to shop for myself, I generally go to a few different places. I like TJ Maxx, Target, Old Navy, & Khols, but I also browse other places too. I don't shop a lot for myself, but occasionally find something at one of those places. Now, the girls are a totally different world. They have way more clothes than I do and dress better than I do!

4. Standard coffee order?
Venti vanilla iced coffee with cream. So bad, but so good. I'm a self proclaimed addict of these haha!

5. DIY or hire out?
When I have the time and vision for something that I can accomplish myself, I'll totally DIY. If gives me a sense of accomplishment and pride once I've completed something that I've worked so hard on. Not to mention, I'm a bit of a control freak, so I like things done my way.

6. Top 5 TV shows?
Big Brother, The Walking Dead, Fixer Upper, FOX & Friends, & Criminal Minds

7. Road trip must have snack?
I always need lots of water and some kind of candy. Like I said, I'm a snacker and while I know candy is terrible for me, I gobble it up. I love hot tamales or sweet tarts...something that most people hate (then I have it all to myself!)

8. Favorite book?
It's been awhile since I have read a good book, so I can't really say that I have a favorite. I occasionally curl up with Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, or some trashy Nora Roberts book. Although I do love a good crime mystery type book too and as ashamed as I may be about it, I love 50 Shades...

9. Favorite form of exercise?
I love to run and weight train, but I also enjoy just getting out for a good hike or kayak trip too. Active exercise is the best because you're having fun and getting to do and see awesome things while getting a good exercise in!

10. How tall are you?
We'll go with 5'4...and a half.

11. Do you try something new at restaurants or stick to your favorite?
I would like to think that I try new things each time I go out, but at our frequented restaurants, I know I stick to the same old stinkin' thing. Hey, don't fix what's not broken, right?

12. One makeup item you can't live without?
Generally, I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I like to put on mascara if anything. Some days I do put on some concealer and foundation just so that I'm not all splotchy.

13. What's on your nightstand?
Usually I have my phone, my medicine I take daily for my thyroid, some hair ties, a lamp, and a cute little table dish for all my odds and ends, but today I also have tissues, some sun glasses, an appointment card for the dentist and a cosmic brownie wrapper. (I'll clean tomorrow haha)

14. What's one thing that motherhood has taught you?
One of the most important things I have learned (and am still learning) is to not take things too seriously. While I am and will always be the girls mother, I have to remember that these times won't last forever and I need to take advantage of the days now. I try not to get to uptight about a mess and just live. I can always clean and tidy later, I can always come back to what I was doing before, but in the here and now, I need to make the time with the girls and family count. This question is kind of loaded and could probably have been answered a different way, but as a mother, it's hard to pinpoint just one thing I have learned.

15. Music that reminds you of high school?
The Black Eyed Peas//My Humps
Jason Mraz//The Remedy
JoJo//Leave
OutKast//Hey Ya!
R. Kelly//Ignition
Fall Out Boy//Dance, Dance
I could keep this list going on and on and on...

16. If you could live anywhere in the world besides your current city, where would you live?
Honestly, I have absolutely no idea! I want to travel the world one day, so it's a little difficult to pick a place. I want to go to New Zealand and Croatia so badly, but I think that if I were to pick a place in the US, I'd go to Gatlinburg, Tennessee area, Havasu Falls, Arizona, or somewhere in Utah or Washington state. I'd love to go to Alaska, but doubt I could live there...I like to feel my feet on occasion and I'm always cold here in Virginia!

17. Websites that you read or browse?
I'm usually on my email, but I suppose that doesn't really count...I do read the news or news articles. I also head to Pinterest and Zulily quite a bit.

18. Morning person or night owl?
Well, I actually just wrote a post about this. I used to be a morning person, but now, I'm a total night owl...

19. Favorite breakfast meal?
Hands down eggs benedict! I love a good eggs benedict! The hollandaise sauce is my favorite!

20. Tell us one thing that we might not know?
Hmm...that's a hard one considering I have yet to finish my 'About' page haha, but I guess you wouldn't know that I can bend my right hand thumb all the way back and snap it forward, making this awful bone breaking sound that grosses people out...really though, it's a little creepy I guess. Not really sure how I found out I could do that either.

 photo name_zpskqzxwjcy.jpg
Follow

2 comments:

Post a Comment