Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Adventure//Shenandoah County Fair


Ok, so maybe heading to the local county fair isn't quite 'adventure' worthy, but it was a great time. The girls and I spent the morning at the annual pig scramble (check out my Instagram for a video clip!) and then headed over to the Family Fun Day. Willow and Lyla both brought home ribbons for the events that they competed in, the wheel barrow race and the three legged race. They had friends as their partners and they had a blast. Even I took home two third place ribbons in the same events. It was so much fun to get out and be one of the kids! We were even listed in the local news paper for our accomplishments ;)

Later in the evening, we headed back to the fair to ride the rides in Midway and gobble up some of the delicious fair food. I love love love fair food and am so glad it's only around during fair time (maybe because I'd eat so much of it!) We even made time to look at all the lions, tigers, and bears...I mean cows, pigs, and goats! I could live on a farm with all the awesome animals. We were only able to get to the fair once during the week it was going on, but we made it worth our time. The girls had a blast and so did we.

I can't wait until next year when the fair is back in town. Maybe next year, it won't fall on one of my long work weeks and I can head to one of the awesome concerts they put on. I was sad that I couldn't make it to the Cole Swindell concert and I was definitely bummed. Next year....

 photo name_zpskqzxwjcy.jpg
Follow

1 comments:

Post a Comment