Friday, September 4, 2015

I'd like some fried pickles please.

The weather still may be a bit warm during the days, but pretty soon, that will be a thing of the past. The cooler air will set in and my favorite time of year will be here. It's not that I'm not a fan of summer, I just prefer the fall and all that goes along with it. I'm particularly excited to make some new memories and take in brand new experiences. The past two days I've had off work, I've taken a few measures to get ready and clean things up around here. I've also indulged in a few of my favorites and had time to reflect on life in general. Tonight, it's back to the grind and my three twelve hour shifts await me. I may be working the weekend, but I'm going to try and make the best of it.


One thing that's on the agenda for the fall is somewhat brand new to me. I'll be grabbing some gear and heading into the woods before the sunrises and sets to hunt. Yes, hunt. I went a few times last year and the few times that I went, nothing was in range. Bummer. It was harder last year for me to get out with my work schedule, but this year, I've taken an entire weekend off in November just for hunting. We are planning to camp and dedicate those days strictly for the hunt. Not sure how I'm going to handle the cold, but I'm going to try and make it happen. Maybe these will help to keep warm?





I do have my own compound bow, it was one that I was given to see if I would even like archery. I've loved shooting my bow and am looking to eventually upgrade. I've read great things about the Bowtech Carbon Rose and am saving my pennies until I can make the purchase!


I have also taken the plunge and downloaded Dropbox! I'm so glad that I did! I just backed up all of pictures that I've had just hanging out on my computer. I would have been devastated if I had actually lost them all because I neglected to take the measures to ensure their safety! While doing this, I also cleaned up my Mac. It was overloaded with junk I've had on it. It's refreshing to have it all cleaned up. Take a look at this oldie I saved from fading off into oblivion...

The girls and I at the Grand Canyon in 2010



Big Brother. My all time favorite show is still kicking it. Yes, I am a reality TV junkie. This is really the only show that I watch. I just can't seem to get enough. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't love the chance to get on there and play...um yea...pick me? Please?




When I found this quote on Pinterest, I fell in love with it. It really couldn't be any truer and holds so much truth. A little over a year ago, I found myself needing to hear something like this. It may have been months later, but I can appreciate the words and the meaning they share for me. 


I'll leave you with this, since this was somewhat of a random post anyway,

I'd like some fried pickles please...


 photo nameplate_zpsd6ui0kzg.png

Linking up with Erika, Amanda, High Five for Friday, Oh, Hey Friday,  Friday Letters, & Five on Friday today!

3 comments:

Post a Comment