Friday, September 11, 2015

People are just people


Friday! We've made it to another weeks close. It was a pretty big week in our house since school started back up. Willow is now in third grade and Lyla just started kindergarten. I still can't believe that they have grown so much and are finally doing some of their own things. Willow cheer's for the midget league football team and Lyla is a practicing member of the training team (the team before the competition team) of one of the local gymnastics clubs. They have both grown tremendously this past year and I can't wait to see where their paths lead. 

THEOUTBOUND                         ANNAMCOHEN                          MISSHOLLDOLL 


Besides Pinterest, Instagram is one of my favorite social media sites. I love scrolling through the feed and seeing what everyone has posted. It's also a great tool to connect with others. The three accounts above are just a few of my favorites. I'm drawn to the outdoorsy, scenic, nature accounts and love them. There's nothing like a pretty picture of the world around us to put me in a good mood! If you get a chance, go check them out, totally worth it!

source unknown

Sometimes, this is hard to for me to remember. While I know that I shouldn't be nervous, it's inevitable that I am. This past week, I had court for work and had appear in front of a grand jury. They are people and put their pants on the same way as I do, but for some reason, I got the jitters. Just couldn't shake them. I was able to describe what happened and it landed in our favor, however, just the thought of speaking to others that I don't personally know, makes me a little uneasy. I've come a long way though, so it's not nearly as bad as I used to be, although others I know think it's insane that I feel like that because apparently I don't show my nervousness! 


While on my run the other day, I ran our town's river walk, which connects the park and the high school and is about a two mile round trip run. Not too shabby, considering I haven't done a whole lot of running lately. (My derrière shows it too.) Besides the point, at the end of my run, I went down to have a look at the river. It's extremely low since we haven't had much of any rain, which is sad, we really need the rain. When I got to the boat landing, I saw the above contraption sitting there. Someone had left it. I checked it out and the chair, well, it's bolted to the platform of the rig. Not sure how or if it floated, but I would think that any person able to fit on it would be in for a ride. I'm not sure if I would allow my kids on it, it just screams unsafe, but that's just my opinion. It was still neat to find though.


I'm thankful that it's Friday and I actually have this weekend off. I have big plans to get a lot done around the house and to spend time with the ones I love. Willow has her first cheer game and we can't wait. This is fall and I love it! I love everything about fall (now I just need to transition from iced coffee's to pumpkin spice lattes and I'll be set). I hope everyone has a great weekend =)

 photo nameplate_zpsd6ui0kzg.png
Linking up with Christina, Karli, and Bright on a Budget

0 comments:

Post a Comment