Monday, November 23, 2015

Hello? It's me.


It's been what? A week to the day that I have posted on any form of social media? I believe so. It's been quite a week though, but we are all moved in and somewhat settled. We were able to get internet and cable set up Thursday and the rest of the week was spent cleaning everything and unpacking. It does feel good to have just about everything done as far as putting things in their place. I have the girls room left and items in the basement that need to be gone through. All in due time...

I spent the majority of the time cleaning and scrubbing because whoever lived here before us (it was a rental property), were not the best of house cleaners. The kitchen cabinets were filthy and the bathroom an even bigger room of grossness. A little elbow grease, shelf liners, and pinesol and all is well. 

I was able to snap a few, not the best quality pictures, but pictures nonetheless. Like I said before, the house is small, but doesn't feel small since the living space is so open. We were going to go ahead and put the bamboo hardwood flooring down, but decided that there were other items we needed first. We still have plans to put the flooring down, but will wait a little longer. The carpet isn't that bad, but it's been a long time since I've had carpet and even though it's new carpet that was placed in here for closing, it's going to be a little bit of an adjustment. Our walls are still bare and white, but once I figure out exactly what to do and the direction the style will go, I'll be knee deep in house projects! I can't wait to make this tiny little space a place we call home!

Since we live on a mountain, the our home is surrounded by trees, trees, and more trees. You know what happens when there are so many trees? There are so many leaves. I'm pretty sure our entire yard was completely covered because we had no idea there was grass underneath. We took the girls outside, grabbed some rakes and went to town. Actually, we more or less made a giant leaf pile at the woodbine so that we could see our yard. I can't believe there were that many leaves...the neighbor has no leaves in his yard...he has a mower attachment that takes care of them, lucky duck. I know what I'm saving my pennies for or win the lottery...

Linking up with B Loved Boston for Weekending, Molly for Let It Shine, Chain Linky Climb HopChristine for Meet Up Monday and Bella for Weekend Recap.

 photo name_zpskqzxwjcy.jpg
Follow
Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Google+ | YouTube

2 comments:

Post a Comment