Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree




This weekend was one of the best we've had in awhile! We were actually able to enjoy it, which was so awesome. It may have had a little to do with the fun holiday festivities...whatever the reason, we managed to find the perfect Christmas tree and go to the Christmas parade in town. 

Where we live, there are so many places to get a beautiful Christmas tree. I really wanted to go to a farm and cut one down ourselves and luckily, there is one right down the road from us. It took about fifteen minutes and we were pulling into Hartland Farms where they had reasonably priced Christmas trees that we were able to pick ourselves. The girls had a blast trying to find 'the one' and I must admit, I did too. It's way harder than it looks too! We couldn't pick a very large tree, much to my dismay, and good thing too, because with our tiny little house, anything larger would have been too much. The people who worked and owned the farm were helpful and truly seemed as though they enjoyed this time of year. They were quick about getting the tree netted up and on our car. It was seriously such a fun time. I even had to get a picture of the home on the property before we left. It would be so awesome if I were ever able to live some place like this. I loved everything about it!

Once we set the tree up and put the lights on, we left and took Willow to the parade she was to walk in. She's walked in the Christmas parade for about four years now since she's been cheering with the youth league. She enjoys it and in our two stoplight town, it's just long enough for her to not get too tired walking from one end of town to the other! Lyla, Tony, and I grabbed some coffee and hot chocolate, picked a spot to sit and watch and then waited for Willow to make her way through. I wasn't able to get a good picture of her walking with all the other girls, but I did manage to get a few after, which is a feat since she hates taking pictures...

After we got home from the parade, I fixed supper and we decorated the tree. Homemade loaded potato soup and grilled cheese were on the menu. We listened to some Christmas tunes and watched Elf and The Grinch and put way too many ornaments on the tree. If you follow me on Instagram, you'll have seen the above picture. I got some giant ornaments to give the tree a little something different. I love it. It really looks like Christmas threw up on our tree! 

BUT....

Then real life happened. Twenty minutes later and our entire tree fell over. I'm pretty sure the base wasn't large enough for the tree (we bought a new one to make sure) or the other likely possibility is that with the girls decorating the tree, all the ornaments were front and center on the tree, which would make it way to heavy on the front.

We only had one causality as far as ornaments go and one of my bulbuls on my large globe lights busted. Not too shabby...


Did anyone else have a festive, fun, and relaxing weekend? What are some of your holiday traditions? Hope y'all have a happy Monday!!

Linking up with Molly for Let It Shine,  Bella for the Weekend Recap,  Christine for Meet up Monday, and Biana for Weekending
 photo name_zpskqzxwjcy.jpg

Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Google+ | YouTube

2 comments:

Post a Comment