Wednesday, December 30, 2015

New Year, New Goals // 2016


I'm still not quite sure how 2015 has come to a close...I feel like it just began! Anyone else feel that way? While this past year had it's up's and downs, there were definitely more up's than down's. I'm hoping that 2016 is just a good to myself and my family!

In 2016 I want to focus on a few things to make not just the upcoming year the best, but things that will carryover and last for a long time. I want to take the baby steps to accomplish some small goals that will extend into some of the long term goals I'd like to accomplish. While I know that some of my goals are long term, I'm hoping that some of my small term goals will provide the solid foundation that I need to make sure that I keep on the right path to eventually satisfy those personal goals. 
1// Work on becoming debt free.
This one is going to be one of the hardest long-term, short-term goals for me to accomplish. I know that it will take awhile to see it happen, but I have taken small strides recently to ensure mine and my families financial future. I have had quite a bit to overcome with this particular goal, but with hard work, determination, and the right mind set, I feel like it can be done. I have been reading and researching methods and everything else under the sun and I finally broke down and bought THIS book by Dave Ramsey. While I know this book can be a bit extreme, if becoming debt free is something that is important to you, then the ideas and methods behind it are very practical.


2// Complete weekly and monthly meal plans.
I had been doing really well with this up until the holiday season. Go figure, right? However, to coincide with my number one goal, I feel as though this small step will help to aid in using our money smarter and wiser. It will help to ensure healthy and balance meals and to cut out the extra trips to the grocery store (hello less money spent on gas AND groceries!) and to eliminate the stress of figuring out what to fix for dinner. Let me have all your meal ideas please ;)

3// Tone it up. 
As in any new year, a new 'you' is something that many strive for, but rarely accomplish, which is why I have goals for the new year and not resolutions. I don't believe they are the same thing? Regardless of if they are or not, yes, I would like to make the jump into starting the new year on a good foot. Pun intended! I have been pretty good about getting in quick little workouts, but nothing to extreme. I have also been wanting to work on my body weight endurance and actually be able to hold my own. Using weights is different from body weight and I'm the example of that...I would like to challenge myself to complete the Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide. These guides use body weight to help build your fitness level and they can be done anywhere! Has anyone else ever completed this?! I'm interested to see how well it has worked for you! 


4// Finish the basement. 
I know this is somewhat contradictory to becoming debt free, however, we don't plan on putting it on credit cards or taking out loans, but paying for it as we go. We have saved up some funds to get us started and we will buy the supplies as we go. The reason being is that we want to give our family more room in our tiny little house. Right now, we have two bedrooms and one bathroom. If we go ahead with the project of completing the basement, we will have another bedroom and bathroom, along with a family room. Essentially it will double the size of the house and give us a little more space. We are in the planning stages right now, so more to come soon!

5// Downsize material items.
I have so many THINGS that aren't being used. I keep them for whatever reason, but have no real intention of really ever using them again. So I'll be cleaning out my wardrobe, closets, and basement with mounds of boxes and riding myself of all the material items that aren't needed...

6// Hit the pavement.
This coincides with #3. I am a ZOOMA Ambassador this year (HELLO!!!) and will be running in the ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon. I'm ecstatic and can't wait, but in order to be ready, hitting the pavement, or gravel in my case, is a must. I'd also like to figure out other races to run and compile a list of some good ones around. 


7// Create a 'chore' chart for the girls.
As funny as it is, the girls have been asking for one to be created because they love helping around the house (as long as it doesn't include cleaning their room.) I'm trying to think of some small tasks that will give them the opportunity to help around the house that are ideal for their ages. 

8// Dedicate more time and dedication to blogging. 
I had blogged for a few years prior to starting Lola & Lane, but once I started working nights at the jail, it was one of the things that I let slide. I've been pretty good about working harder and connecting more, however, the holiday season came around and I was busy with so many other things. With that being said, I am starting a year long series with a linkup call Life366 Project. I am still working out co-host information and whatnot, but am plugging away. If you are looking for exposure and to build a community and are interested in co-hosting, please let me know! I would love to work with you =) 

I'll be fixing this and changing it since it's leap year!

I know that the upcoming year will be a challenge, but I have no doubt in my mind that I can make things happen. I know too, that I'll have new goals and ideas and I'm not naive enough to think that it won't be hard. It will. I have no doubt about that, but like I said, with a hard work and determination, one way or another, I will do my best to make everything work out for the best and the way it's meant to!



What are some of your New Year's goals?!

 photo name_zpskqzxwjcy.jpg

Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Google+ | YouTube

1 comments:

Post a Comment