Friday, December 11, 2015

The Most Random Friday Post...

It's been quite a week here! I have gotten so much accomplished and it feels awesome! The best part about feeling so accomplished is that it's my long week at work and I've just been the busiest little bee. With that being said, I unfortunately work this weekend which means I'll work and sleep with little time for anything else. 
On another note...
I received a text from my best friend early yesterday morning letting me know her and her little family are traveling from Florida today! I haven't seen her since February and I seriously can't wait to see her! She may be staying with her family in Pennsylvania, but I'll be making a day trip to get my time in with her. Good friends are hard to come by and when you've found them, you do everything you can to make that long distance friendship work! She's also serving our beautiful nation as a Navy nurse. I'm so stinking proud of her and all she has accomplished. Now, I just need her to get her orders to make the move to North Carolina this summer and we will have plenty of weekend trips in our future!
Rochelle and I on Halloween a few years ago!

We all know the tried and true classic songs of Christmas, but what about the different renditions? Are there any that are truly better than the tried and trues? Personally, there's nothing better than the original and it's really hard to make something good, better. However, I think I may have found the Christmas tune that just may change my mind. 

All I Want for Christmas Is You by the one and only Mariah Carey is definitely an awesome song. There's no doubt that Mariah has a set of pipes on her, but here me out. I came upon a remake by Chase Holfelder and it's unlike anything I've heard before. It's so different than any other Christmas tune that I've heard, that I can't help but love it. I don't consider myself a music snob, so I listen to a variety of genre's. I like to keep things fresh and I hate listening to the same thing over and over again. This song may just make me change my mind though...
The funny thing is, this is totally me. Yes, I talk to people and appear to have 'it' or whatever 'it' is together, but in reality, I'm terrified of social situations! I feel like I can never come up with the right thing to say and then I feel myself heating up and I start to get red splotches all over and then I turn as red as a tomato and then I feel like I need more deodorant. Then I stutter. And then...well, you get the point.  I'm a hot mess. Plain and simple. Says the girl who works as an officer in a jail and deals with crazy situations all the time...

I have been tackling some new projects around here. I have been working on two new series for the new year for Lola & Lane and I am pretty excited about them. One, is a weekly linkup that I am creating and have had some feedback on it, so hopefully it works out like I'm planning. On the off chance that y'all are interested, I am looking for some co-hosts for this linkup! I have already emailed a few people in regards to it, so let me know if you are interested! I'm calling it Life366, which will be a weekly linkup that consists of a picture a day, for an entire year. Yes, I know there are only 365 days in a year, BUT apparently there's this thing called leap year and I actually forgot until someone so kindly reminded me that there's an extra day next year!

Side bar please! Does anyone have a birthday on February 29th? The leap year day? When do celebrate on the other years? I've always been curious!

This is just a rough idea of the grab button I've created...
clearly I have to change it to Life366 ;)

How's that for a random Friday post? Oh, did you see my news yesterday?! I'm officially a ZOOMARun Ambassador! I am still in disbelief. Craziness!

Did everyone have a great week? Anything fun and excited planned for this weekend? Here in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley, we are supposed to be experiencing record breaking high's in the weather department. Can't say that I'm mad...happy Friday friends!

Linking up with the Astleigh for The Pick, Amanda for Friday Favorites,  Christina for Five on Friday, Tif for High Five for Friday, Karli for Oh Hey, Friday, Jenny for Friday Favorites, Lauren for Fab Favorites,  & Erika for Friday Favorites

 photo name_zpskqzxwjcy.jpg
Follow
Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Google+ | YouTube

0 comments:

Post a Comment