Friday, January 8, 2016

20 Minute Spicy Italian Tortellini

*This is a sponsored post by Ragu and their #simmeredintradition campaign. All content and opinions are my own!*


I have to say, I was pretty impressed with myself the other day. As I was brainstorming easy ideas for dinner, I was trying to think of ideas with things that I had already in the kitchen. I'm all about easy fixings and I know that always have pasta and sauce and while my hips may scream for me to lay the fork down, it's hard to pass up a good hearty meal that's super quick and easy to make.

Back to the brainstorming and being impressed with my little brain, I came up with this quick and easy tortellini dish that is absolutely amazing! If you like a little spice in your life, this saucy ensemble will have your mouth watering. I used some kielbasa paired with green peppers and onions added a little Ragu Spicy Italian Style Sauce and then mixed it all together with tortellini. That's it. Easy as pie, or pasta...



20 Minute Spicy Italian Tortellini

1 package Buitoni Sweet Italian Sausage Tortellini
1 jar Ragu Spicy Italian Style sauce
1 link kielbasa of choice
1 green pepper
1/2  onion
1 clove garlic
1 tespoon olive oil
Parmesan cheese to taste
Basil leaves for garnishment

Follow the directions on the package to cook the tortellini. Meanwhile, cut up kielbasa, green pepper, and onion. Add all cut items to a pan with garlic and olive oil. Cook until vegetables tender and add the Ragu sauce. Simmer on low until everything is heated through. Take the cooked tortellini and drain, return to the pot. Once sauce mixture is heated, and it to the tortellini. Stir until everything is blend. Add parmesan cheese and basil leaves if desired. 

This is one of the easiest recipes I have made. It's delicious and very filling and it's definitely on rotation in my house! For more easy recipes like this, follow the hashtag #simmeredintradition from Ragu for more inspiration.

What are some other recipe favorites that you use?!

 photo name_zpskqzxwjcy.jpg

Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Google+ | YouTube

0 comments:

Post a Comment