Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Blizzard Jonas


All I can say is holy cow. These past few days have been absolutely insane! I apologize for the lack of posts and what not, but this has been one of the first times I have been able to sit down and actually open up blogger...

As I'm sure most know by now, we got a little bit of snow this weekend. By a little, I mean, the snow globe was completely full. I had so much to do and get ready for the storm and most of Thursday evening and Friday morning were spent preparing for the inevitable snow. I packed clothes for myself and the girls because I knew once we left Friday, it would be a few days before we returned. We turned the water off and unplugged everything. I cleaned everything up and made sure that everything had it's place for when we returned.

I unfortunately worked all weekend. Crazy, right? The girls were with their father and grandmother, so they were safe had a blast in the snowy blizzard that was Jonas. The snow came down so fast and for what seemed like forever. Work was slow and rightfully so. Saturday morning when I got off, we (almost my entire shift) headed a mile or so down the road and holed up in the hotel so that we could make it back to work. We had to share rooms and bunk up together and we all made the most of it. A few people got stuck in the parking lot, but my awesome driving skills and four wheel drive made it through fine.

More less the same was for Saturday night and into Sunday morning. I couldn't sleep very well, but managed to get in a good workout and took my time getting ready Sunday afternoon. Getting off Monday morning was the harder part. I drove across town to Tony's parents house, which really wasn't too awful of a drive. I slept for a little bit and Tony and his dad decided to go check on our house.

I got a call from Tony and he said that our road hadn't been plowed. There was only one set of footprints coming up the hill on the road. Apparently the bull dozer that was removing the snow broke down and with three feet of snow, our neighbor's little tractor just couldn't handle doing the entire road. So lucky us, we weren't able to get home until Tuesday afternoon...luckily, everything with the house was fine and everything worked, but we have so much snow that I'm already over it for the year ;)

It certainly feels good to be home and sleeping in my own bed and not living out of a hotel and my car. The girls have been playing in the snow, making tunnels, igloos, and sledding down constructed sled trails. All in all we weathered the storm well and I'm hoping that this will be the last 'big' storm of the season. Let's bring on spring!

Don't forget to come back tomorrow for the Life366 Project Linkup!

 photo name_zpskqzxwjcy.jpg

Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Google+ | YouTube

0 comments:

Post a Comment