Monday, November 14, 2016

Blue Ridge Marathon.

I know, I know. It's been quite some time since I've sat down and made something of this space. I tend to do that though...oops. Forgive me. I do, however, have really exciting news to share and maybe this will keep me coming here.

So with that being said...

I'm excited to say that I am an Official Blue Ridge Marathon Blogger!


I ran the Blue Ridge Half Marathon a few years ago and it was my first ever half marathon. Not only was it the first half I completed, it was the first race over a 10k that I had completed. It was hard, it was brutal, and I had no idea that I would hurt as much as I did, but I did it and now I'm coming back for more!

I'm not quite sure that I'm ready to tackle the full marathon yet. To be completely honest, it scares me to death. It is after all considered 'America's Toughest Road Marathon.' The full marathon boasts 7,430 feet in elevation gain, which is more than the marathon's inception in 2010 with 6,140 feet in elevation gain. With all the elevation gain, there are three mountains to ascend and descend. These mountains, Roanoke Mountain, Peakwood Mountain, and Mill Mountain are the reason the Blue Ridge Marathon is famously known as 'America's Toughest Road Marathon' and while they provide quite the challenge, the views are ridiculously gorgeous and make it worth it!

So now you want to run? I knew you would! The 2017 Blue Ridge Marathon will take place April 22,  2017 in Roanoke, Virginia along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Race weekend offers multiple race options for those who aren't quite ready to tackle the full. The race options include the Foot Levelers Full Marathon, Foot Levelers Half Marathon, the Anthem Star 10k, the new official double marathon, and the marathon relay.

The Blue Ridge Marathon series was created by a non-profit known as Roanoke Outside Foundation whose mission is to make outdoor activity and environmental stewardship a core component of the region's lifestyle by promoting a 'conservation through recreation' philosophy. The proceeds raised by this organization go toward the Friends of the Blue Ridge Parkway and other local charitable organizations.

Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon - America's Toughest Road Marathon from Pete Eshelman on Vimeo.

I'm so excited to be a part of this awesome community. If you think you have what it takes to tackle America's Toughest Road Marathon, Half Marathon, or 10k, join us April 22, 2017! Use code BRMFRIENDS for 15% off any race distance! I hope to see you there!



 photo name_zpskqzxwjcy.jpg
Follow
Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Google+ | YouTube

1 comments:

Post a Comment